Please note that although some of our positions are seasonal, we’re always looking for people who are passionate about what they do and enjoy being part of an amazing team.
If you’d like to put your talent and creativity to work, we’d love to hear from you.
Named one of the Top 100 Restaurants in Canada, Old Vines Restaurant at Quails’ Gate Winery is an all-season culinary destination offering the ultimate in wine and food pairings. With a true ‘sense of place’ overlooking our vineyards and the sparkling waters of Okanagan Lake, Chef Roger Sleiman creates locally sourced seasonal menus to provide an exceptional dining experience. Old Vines Restaurant is considered one of the best places to learn or refine your craft.
When you join our exceptional culinary team, you will be presented with the resources to further your wine education and career development. Old Vines Restaurant is seen as one of Canada’s Top 100 restaurants, providing you with a true taste of the Okanagan. With breathtaking views from the restaurant, you are sure to enjoy being a part of our dedicated team.
- Basic knowledge of sanitary guidelines and operation of an industrial dishwasher
- Previous experience in a high paced environment
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Positive attitude, outgoing and approachable attitude
- Hard working and reliable
- Must be able to multitask while under pressure and maintain composure
- Level 1 Food Safe
- Interest in pursuing a career within the culinary arts is an asset
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures
- Restock all service ware
- Operate dishwasher to company and manufacturer specifications
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and correctly stored
- Remove garbage/recycling
- Break down, clean, and sanitize the dish area at the end of the day
- Ensure dish, storage areas, coolers and equipment are clean and organized
- Ensure regular communication with Chef/Sous Chef regarding dish area issues and ordering of product
- Assist in receiving and storing supplies and food
Permanent Full Time
Graphic Designer / Coordinator
As a member of the marketing team, the Graphic Designer/Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of marketing assets and media support as directed by the Brand Manager. This includes graphic design, digital marketing (web design), content creation (video, photography, and through Adobe Creative Suite) for all brands at Stewart Family Estates.
Based out of our West Kelowna office, we are seeking a talented individual to join our team and be responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing internal and external marketing and communication programs. This role will focus on developing communications that reinforce our brand platforms and be the primary contact for media inquiries. The creative side of this role will be driven based on creating experiences (such as orchestrating and hosting winemaker and SFE family events with key media, manage event participation and create and execute special events to promote brand awareness. Oversight of our digital marketing strategy and social media campaigns will also be a key function.
Wine Shop Sales Associate
Quails’ Gate Estate Winery is looking for talented, energetic wine enthusiasts to join our Wine Shop Sales team! As the ambassadors of Quails’ Gate Estate Winery, a Sales Associate will be responsible for providing each of our guests with an experience beyond extraordinary, by demonstrating superior wine knowledge, exceptional customer service, and a passion for storytelling.
Quails’ Gate takes great pride in our wine and our hospitality. For many guests, the Wine shop is a first introduction to Quails’ Gate and the opportunity to create a meaningful experience and lasting connection. From guiding a tasting to simply wrapping up an order or carrying out a case of wine, our Wine Shop staff are the people who bring the Quails’ Gate experience to life.
By joining our Wineshop team you will learn about our award-winning wines and work in the most scenic location on our property. Your work environment will be fast paced with a friendly energetic atmosphere. Onsite training is provided to ensure that all staff have the resources to make their career at Quails’ Gate a success.
Sales Associate - Wholesale
Based out of our West Kelowna office, we are seeking a talented individual to join our team and facilitate and generate distribution of SFE products in wholesale channels throughout North America and in Export Markets. Responsible to support achievement of sales and revenue objectives through planning and execution of programs in the wholesale market.
Farm Tractor Operator
Quails’ Gate takes incredible pride in our vines and we believe great wine starts in great vineyards. Our passion for grape growing and our dedication to excellence has combined to make us one of the top wineries in Canada.
Family owned and operated since 1989, Quails’ Gate Winery is one of Canada’s foremost estate wine producers. We farm over 370 acres of vines, create award-winning culinary experiences and are dedicated to crafting outstanding quality wines. With a pioneering spirit and dedication to innovation and sustainability we have built our reputation on three pillars: providing consistent high-quality wines, delivering an exceptional visitor experience and ensuring excellence in customer service.
Do you thrive in working outdoors?
Are you punctual and bring your positive outlook and demeanor to work every day?
If you answered yes… then we want to talk to you!
Successful candidates will have a thorough understanding of the vineyard growing season, a mechanical aptitude, have excellent work ethic and hold a clean driving record. Pesticide Applicator Certificate and Truck and Trailer Operation (Restriction 20) would be an asset. Opportunities for further training and advancement will be available.
- Up to 60+ hours/wk, Mon.-Sat. with occasional Sunday work
- Available all weekends during the stated time period
- Available to travel to vineyard sites in West and East Kelowna as well as Osoyoos and any other vineyards where we harvest grapes
- Safe operation of a farm tractor to accomplish: spraying, mowing and vine maintenance
- Exercise safe work practices
- Performance of general vineyard duties including but not limited to: pruning, tying, shoot positioning, canopy maintenance, fruit thinning, picking and planting or other duties as requested by, or in conjunction with the Vineyard Operations Team.
Rate of Pay:
- Rate of pay will be determined based on experience/qualifications.
- Please note that these positions are defined as Farm Workers under the Employment Standards Regulations for BC and will be paid as per the details in the Employment Standards Act.
Wage: $16.00 – $19.00 per hour
*Accommodation available on a first come first serve basis
The host is the conductor of the restaurant, you will facilitate a seamless memorable experience by organizing reservations, greeting and directing guests and sharing your knowledge of the Quails’ Gate Estate.
We are seeking a permanent, full-time Intermediate Accountant responsible to provide accounting support for the finance function of the company. Reporting to the Divisional Controller, your major responsibilities will include Accounts Payable, Inventory Management, assistance with Cost Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Chef De Partie
Working with the team at Quails’ Gate, you will create dishes around the local Okanagan bounty with ingredients sourced from surrounding fields and pastures, as well as regional British Columbia farms.
As we head into our 2021 season, we are looking for experienced, talented, mature individuals to join our culinary team.
Harvest Cellar Hand
We are currently looking for candidates to join our team for 2021 Harvest season that are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and goal-oriented. The Cellar Harvest Intern position is responsible for providing technical and logistical support to the award winning wine making team at Quails’ Gate Winery. Our innovative production team has all the tools, skills and resources needed to assist you in realizing you future career.
Wine Shop Concierge
Our Quails’ Gate Concierge is the conductor of the onsite guest experience, you will facilitate a seamless memorable experience by organizing reservations, coordinating tasting, greeting and directing guests and sharing your knowledge of the Quails’ Gate Estate.