Quails’ Gate Winery respects your right to privacy on the Internet. We voluntarily adhere to the Canadian Standards Association “Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information”, which also ensures that we comply with the Canadian federal government’s privacy legislation, the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act”. The term “Quails’ Gate Winery” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
I. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU WHEN YOU VISIT OUR SITE?
We collect and store personal information directly from you when you interact with us online at www.quailsgate.com. Categories of personal information that we collect about you when you interact with us online or offline may include the following:
- identification data you share with us, including name, address, and gender;
- contact information you share with us, including e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address;
- age and date of birth data that you share with us;
- where we make available account or membership functionality, information you provide to create an account or membership, including password and username, contact information, and membership data such as contact preferences;
- where we make available ordering functionality and/or services in the nature of a subscription service or wine club, or where you otherwise provide such data to us, financial data, such as credit card numbers, billing addresses, contact details of your accounting department.
II. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information we collect may be used to:
- improve the content of our website;
- personalize the content and/or the layout of our website for each individual consumer;
- notify consumers about updates to our website;
- contact consumers for marketing purposes;
- Arrange and administer events, tastings, and reservations;
- Administer, maintain, and communicate with you about contests and promotions in which you have chosen to participate, including determining eligibility for contests and contacting winners regarding prizes.
III. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under no circumstances will we share any personal information that we collect with any third parties or web sites. We do not rent, trade or sell your personal information to others. Information collected is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. All the information you give us is completely private and used solely for order processing and shipping. If you give us permission to send you marketing emails then we use your email for that purpose, but never does that email get sold or distributed to any other web site or list.
IV. NEWSLETTER OPT-OUT.
If you have chosen to opt into our newsletter or marketing emails and decide to opt out, we have a simple unsubscribe form that will let you get off our email list.
V. CONSUMER INQUIRIES AND PRIVACY.
If you have any questions about your privacy, or want to make changes to your profile, or get off our marketing list, please send us an email at email@example.com.
VI. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION.
When you register with Quails’ Gate Winery or place orders, we offer you a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All user information we collect is protected against unauthorized access. We ensure that our system is protected by the latest Internet security protocols.